grant Proposal Writing for Non-profit Organizations
Grants are one of the cornerstones upon which a successful development program is based. A well-researched and planned proposal writing campaign provides significant financial support for an organization's projects.
Strengthening your proposal writing should be among your highest priorities, for both the short and long-term well-being of your organization. If you are about to start a proposal writing campaign, look to the Resource Development Network for expert counsel and implementation.
This is the process we follow with most of our clients:
We meet with you (at no cost) to discuss your programs and the community need they meet. We learn about your organization and let you know what materials we need from you to move ahead with a proposal writing campaign.
We next create a contract that clarifies the work, which typically includes:
- Review of Existing Written Materials
- Grant-maker Research
- Coaching re: Interacting with Funding Sources
- First and Second Drafts of Proposal
- Final Proposal
- Timetable with Milestones
- Project and Organizational Budgets
- List of Current Funders and the amounts given by each
- Standard Attachments (Board list, organization chart, audited financials, etc.)
- Establishing a Grant Calendar to monitor proposals and reports.
Grant Maker Research
- Researching prospective corporate and foundation donors.
- Determining which of your projects are the best candidates for grants and developing strategies to improve your chance of getting grants.
- Writing proposals and solicitation materials that position the organization for success. We specialize in corporate and foundation proposals, and also write government proposals for select clients.
- Helping senior management to design and re-design programs so that they will attract funding.
- Developing internal tracking systems and outcome measures with program managers to enable them to monitor program accomplishments against stated goals.
Fund Raising Training
- Assisting non-profit Boards of Directors to formulate, clarify and actualize their role in fund raising.
- Conducting grant-related workshops (e.g., Grant Writing Basics, Grant-Seeking Do's and Don'ts).